Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jasmine and Andre 7-3-11

Jasmine and Andre had their ceremony at the gorgeous Masonic Temple. The Masonic Temple is breathtaking. I love historic buildings. Not many pictures turned out as it’s dark in the temple but I was able to get a couple.
Jasmine looked like a princess!
The new Mr. and Mrs.!
Their reception was followed at The Whitney. The Whitney is another historic building in Detroit. The rooms are amazing. If you are a regular reader of my blog you have probably noticed I don’t like to say anything bad about vendors. If I love a vendor I will recommend them and let you know how much I love them and on the flip side if I don’t think they were the greatest or something went wrong I usually don’t say so. With that being said I have to mention that The Whitney served dinner two hours late. I only say this because I saw how upset Jasmine was and I tried to do what I could but other than my assistant and I cooking the food ourselves we really did all we could do. By the time guests finished eating there was only 1 ½ hours until the end of the reception and that is not very much time to fit in formal activities and dancing but we did : ) So if you have booked The Whitney or plan on doing so defiantly don’t worry!  I know I have a couple more weddings there this year and I'm actually excited. Knowing what I know now I will be contacting them for weeks leading up to the wedding to make sure the dinner is served on time. I would also suggest against having the servers go table to table to take orders which they did in this case. If you have your guest RSVP with a meal choice that should be what they are getting the night of your event. I believe taking orders is where The Whitney got behind.  
Now back to the good stuff...

Here are some pictures of the rooms.
You can see the head table in the far room.
Their cake was so good. I think I had more then one piece...ssshhh! The cake was from Mr.Cakes Place in Ann Arbor. If your still looking for a cake defiantly stop by and check them out.  Jim does wonderful work!
Andre played football for U of M so as you can see his groom's cake it s U of M football helmet. He loved it!
Seeing how the mansion has a unique set up with guest being seated throughout the house we decided to have the grand entrances outside so all the guests could see. They entered from the back of the garden and headed to the deck where they had their formal dances. 
Jasmine and Andre had a wonderful photographer, PeleBrowner.
Congratulations Jasmine and Andre you were pleasure to work with!   

No comments:

Post a Comment