Sunday, September 19, 2010

Linsey and Lars 9-4-10

Linsey and Lars had their ceremony and reception at the University Club – Henry Center in Lansing. Although it was a chilly Saturday Linsey and Lars braved the cold to have a lovely ceremony outdoors. I think they had the shortest ceremony I have ever seen. It was about 7 minutes long.  That’s my type of ceremony : )
The bridal party looked amazing along with the bride and groom.
The ceremony was immediately followed by the reception. Linsey has wonderful taste! I loved the black linens and the rectangle family tables in the center of all the round tables.  Linens were provided by Affordable Elegance who always do an amazing job.



Their table numbers were so cute. The table numbers had pictures of Linsey and Lars at the age of the table number. Below you will see a picture of Linsey and Lars at the age of 10.
The centerpieces were from Elements of Elegance and the bouquets were from Sebesta Design. I absolutely loved Linsey’s bouquet!
Unfortunately the centerpieces were falling apart when I arrived. Linsey’s dad picked them up from the florist and perhaps the centerpieces couldn’t handle the long drive but my assistant and I fixed them up and made them look much better.

Bride's bouquet above and Bridesmaids bouquet below.
Their cake was made by a family friend and was delicious! As a planner when I hear a family member or friend is making the cake I never know what to expect. I have seen many less than perfect cakes to say it nicely : ) but Linsey’s cake looked great and tasted a thousand times better. I’m not a huge cake person but I was in love!
They also had cupcakes which were a hit also.
Signature mat instead of the traditional guest book.
Card box with engagement photos. 

The late night snack was yummy! They had nachos, popcorn, and soft pretzels along with some cookies.

DJ service was provided by Electic Horizons. They did a great job keeping the dance floor packed.
Their photographer was Jean Smith Photography who does amazing work. It was great to meet her and come to find out we only live about 5 minutes from each other. Here are some pictures I borrowed from her blog. To view more pictures visit her blog here.
Congrats Linsey and Lars! Your wedding was gorgeous and I am so glad the I got to be a part of it!

Below is Linsey’s review of GJE that she left on wedding wire. Thank you Linsey for the kind words!!!

"Tammara runs an amazing company and a top notch service for any bride!
She responded to my emails immediately, she had great vendor recommendations, she met with me and being an out of town bride it wasn't easy!
Her pricing is great and I would pay double!! I didn't have a single issue during the wedding, I walked in and commented everything looked amazing - she and her assistant even redid the centerpieces - she didn't tell me about the issue or anything it was just magically fixed! Then at the end of the night everything was packed up and amazing.
Honestly top notch service and vendor, I recommend Tammara to everyone!" 

2 comments: