Monday, August 4, 2014

Victoria and Pete 6-14-14

Victoria and Pete had a tented reception for 400 guest at a private residence. There were 5 girls from Grand Jour Events. We did all the set up  (excluding the bar) and staffing. I knew going into this wedding that is was going to be a lot of work but nothing we haven't done in the past. We often set up and staff large weddings like this. 
Before: All the set up items were in a barn and we took them to the sent to set up. Such as: Linens, glasses, centerpieces, silverware,  menus, table number wine bottles. And all the additional decor on the other tables.


Bar made by the groom

Lady Bee Cakes
 After we set up:


Table numbers
 Flowers from
Kristi’s Flowers

Other key vendors included:

Classic Event Rentals, provided: Tent, Tables, Cocktail Tables, Dance Floor, Lighting, Super Coolers, Trash Cans, Napkins and White linen for head table

Uncle Bucks, Provided: Dinner Plates, Salad Plates, Dessert Plate, Dinner Forks, Salad Forks, Knives, Chairs, Linen for banquet and Cocktail Tables and Wine glasses

Cougar Sales & Rental for Generator

Photographer: Tammy Pardun Photography will arrive

Transportation: D&D Executive Transportation

Videographer: Andrea McKenzie

DJ: Jack Brown Entertainment will arrive
 
 The guests loved the fire pit
 I usually like to keep my blog post short and fun. But after my girls and I worked really hard at this wedding I received the following review. I could pretend like nothing happened but I think it's important for future brides to know that it is important to hire professionals, not friends or  random vendors. Do some research and hire someone that can handle your event. Unfortunately at this wedding the caterer showed up ALONE! My girls and I had to help make food and serve it or dinner would never have been on time. There was no way one person could take care of 400 guests. Also because we had to do additional work that we were not anticipating we got stretched really thin. Also be careful when you 'hire' family friends. While they may be amazing at their job, often times you and/or your parents still want them to be able to enjoy the wedding which in return can effect the the quality of service. And last but not least please speak to your parents before the big day and let them know exactly what we were hired to do. It's not often but every once in awhile we have a parent that is rude and disrespectful. I understand we are the 'hired help' but we are there to do our job and we know what it is. Regardless of the vendor, it is never appropriate for parents to yell and curse at us.


Her review. It can also be found on Wedding Wire.
3.9 out of 5.0
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 3 Reviews 
Tammara was great to work with but the day of our wedding everything fell apart. She and her team was to set up the reception location and maintain for 10 hours. I provided extremely detailed instructions for set up and location of things and some were not executed the way I would have liked. I am good with it not going looking like my idea but the overall organizing and running our reception as a huge bust. We knew the moment we arrived to the reception everything was a mess which for the bride is not what you want to deal with. Throughout the night all we heard was complaints about the coordinators not helping and how messed up things were. Again Not something you want to hear from our guests. Overall I like Tammara but the execution of running our type of wedding was not her thing and it did put a lot of stress on us the bride and groom at our reception. End of the day we wanted someone to take charge and get it done and not make excuses. That did not happen for us. Grand Jour Events responded with the following comments:
It’s a terrible feeling to know that a bride/groom was not satisfied. As I was reading this review I knew right away what wedding this was from although the reviewer chose to keep her name and wedding date private. A quick search on wedding wire for her other vendors that she hired for her wedding pulled up more low ranking reviews all from the a private user with the same amount of reviews.

My response on Wedding Wire

I don’t have much room to respond but this wedding was a large 400 person tented reception. There was myself and 4 GJE girls on site. We set up the linens, centerpieces, menus, silverware, table numbers and all the other table décor. This is something we often do and had no problems. We were ahead on time and moving along. The caterer arrived alone minus the 2 assistants he was to have. My staff put on gloves and started to help cook as he was really behind (not in my job description but it had to get done).
The bartenders arrived late and did not set up their bar completely. After I reminded the bartender they needed to bring down the kegs the dad arrived and started to curse at me since the bartenders (friends of the family) were moving kegs and not me. All of the GJE staff were working on not only our items but helping the caterer. Because the bars were not set up when guests arrived they wanted one of my girls to put beer from the keg into cups. I do not have the proper liability insurance for serving alcohol and had to inform the family this was not possible. We were not hired to be barbacks we were there to bring ice, pop ect when they ran low. All night the dad was talking bad about us or speaking rude to use. After it continued I had to say something to the bride, as my staff did not feel comfortable around him. I asked her if her father was ok. Her words were “I should have warned you about him”. We also cleaned up vomit in bathroom. I feel like no matter what we did it wouldn’t have been good enough

I am truly sadden that your experience was not as you expected but it was not an experience that we expected either. We work with many of the same families year after year and are always treated with respect and the families are grateful for our help. 

I would also  like to thank the guests at your wedding that told us how amazing we were doing and how efficiently we worked.

Congratulations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment